“La vida no es un problema que tiene que ser resuelto, sino una realidad que debe ser experimentada” —Søren Kierkegaard
“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” —James Dean
You know you're chilean when...
- Most things you eat come with mayonaise or palta.
- When you say pokemon, you’re not referring to the animated series.
- You don’t say “right away”, you say “altiro”.
- You know what is the meaning of “weon”, according to each situation.
- Whenever you meet someone who does not speak spanish, the first words you teach him/her are “weon”, “wea”, “conchesumadre”, and so and so.
- You understand what “falling well” is.
- You’d probably die without bread.
- You’ve seen the large group of people fighting for the fresh bread as it comes out of the ovens in the supermarket.
- You’ve been part of that group of people.
- You find yourself walking out into the street, even if there’s a car coming, because you know they will always stop for you.
- You’re always late. You blame the public transport.
- Everything you eat either has salt or lemon on it. Everything.
- You eat ice cream very often, even when it’s cold, and know that you can find somewhere that sells ice cream every corner or so.
- You dance “la cueca” only on september.